Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sturbridge

There were a bunch of kids dressed up in period clothing using the town water pump. They were super nice boys and not only let me pump some water, but also shared their tin cup with me to take a drink.

Grandpa now agrees with mummy that I'm a hard subject to photograph. I never stand still, but some of the best photos come if you can catch me in motion.

We took a short stagecoach ride. We've decided that a stagecoach won't be our next mode of transportation as it took 12 hours to get from Worcester to Boston, the stagecoach would seat 9 generally unshowered people and it was bumpy as anything. That mini van doesn't look so bad after all!

Daddy & great-grandpa.

This is what our family portrait would have looked like in 1800.

Anna hamming it up in the Center Meeting House (aka - church).

While we had our generations upon generations visit, we ventured out to Sturbridge Village which is historic period town (think Willimasburg, VA or Plymouth, MA). Grandpa was experimenting with his new camera, so between he and mummy they got some good shots. We're not really a historical family, but Sturbridge turned out to be a fun destination if you're ever looking for suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you guys went to OSV!! Haha I worked there when I was in high school (no-i didnt dress up in the old clothes, i worked in the gift shop). It's such a cute town!

    ReplyDelete