Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How Do You Like Them Apples?

Did I mention that one of the perks of apple picking is fresh apple cider donuts? Seriously, how can an activity be bad when it comes with fresh apple cider donuts?

Noah got to drive a junior tractor. It was more a case of continuous crashing, but he still made it around the track a few times.

Here Noah is loading up our apple bag and I'm sampling the product. Yummy!

Noah was able to get way down low and crawl in there to get the good apples. He really is a great apple picker and probably picked 15 of the 20 lbs of apples we brought home.

Running in the orchard. I was afraid Noah would try and take my sample apple to add to the bag.

Gitte, proving that at least some of the grown ups were picking apples.

Parlee Farms not only had apples, donuts and tractors, but they had pumpkins. We brought home 2 pumpkins to really get ready for fall.


As a quintessential New England fall activity, we went apple picking this weekend. Since our neighbors are "into" quintessential U.S. activities they joined us which made a fun activity even more fun. We picked 20 lbs of apples (Noah's a great apple picker) which has resulted in 4 apple crisps and a double batch of apple turnovers. I love New England falls!

No comments:

Post a Comment