Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Kindergarten

Today started my official academic career.  Today was my first day of kindergarten!  I was less excited then Anna was for the pre-school photos, but I was super excited to get inside. 

Because this is "real" school now, we had assignments even on the first day.  Here I am working on my assignment, a coloring sheet.  You'll see that I've got my classic concentration face on - which means my tongue is sticking out.

My paths crossed with Braden last year, but now we're in class together.  We really have a great time together and used our first day to do everything together.  We picked the same pencil box, the same coloring sheet and the same classroom activities.  Is it too early to predict the beginnings of a good friendship?

This is most of my kindergarten class getting ready to learn all that school has in store for us this year.  Although it was the first day, we still managed to have a few sick kids.  On the theme of early predictions, I would say that Braden, Anthony and I will be spending a lot of time together this year.  
Me, Mrs. Randall-Hayes and some class rules in the background.

We're starting with a curriculum on ocean life, so to celebrate we got shark cookies and shell necklaces.  A great way to open any curriculum or school year I'd say!

1 comment:

  1. Noah, since I know that dolphins are one of your favorite sea animals, I'm very pleased to see this early curriculum on ocean life. Say hi to mum and dad for me! :)

    ReplyDelete