My kids accessorize.
My kids perform.
My kids celebrate their heritage.
My kids put up with poorly practiced buns when they forget to mention their 100th day of school celebration until the morning of said celebration.
My kids begrudgingly pose for pictures.
My kids apply too much chapstick in a "I can do it myself" spirit.
Friends, I just wanted to make a quick Public Service Announcement - you don't have to compare to share. What I mean, is that although we experience different hardships and joys - mine don't trump yours. Ok, sometimes they will, but that's expected in the normal give and take of friendship. Roman 12:15 says, "Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn". Please don't hesitate to share the challenges you're facing because "they're nothing like yours". I get it, we've got a lot of hard in our story, but that doesn't diminish the hard that you face in your story. Sick parents, challenges with children, job frustrations, housing challenges, personal illness, trouble on the home front, interpersonal conflict, finding your niche, balancing the stresses of everyday life - your struggle may be different than mine, but that doesn't make it less real. Equally, don't feel badly sharing your joys - a new job, a fantastic vacation, an opportunity to grow your gifts and talents. Again, your joys look different than mine, but they are joyful.
There are few things that I can do in this season, but being a friend is one of them. Because of everything we have going on (and my inherently bad memory), I may forget the date of the big deadline or doctors appointment, but I am praying for you and thinking about you. Please know that I'm not comparing our stories and neither should you. I love being able to walk along your journey with you - rejoicing and mourning with you as you rejoice and mourn with me.




Well said.I feel that way often,and I do appreciate the love and support but I agree that my loss and struggle doesn't diminish the loss or pain that those around me are dealt.
ReplyDeletePrayers for continued healing,strength and wisdom.
Well said.I feel that way often,and I do appreciate the love and support but I agree that my loss and struggle doesn't diminish the loss or pain that those around me are dealt.
ReplyDeletePrayers for continued healing,strength and wisdom.
Amen Sister - just thinking of you all again and sending up and around a few more prayers. I had to re read this blog because, well, I just miss being able to stop by. Much love and continued strength for us all as Jonah works so very hard at healing.
ReplyDelete