Sunday, May 1, 2016

Gray in May

 These are the faces touched by pediatric brain cancer.  You don't think it will ever happen to you until it does.




May is Brain Tumor Awareness month.  

Because, until it happened to us, I wasn't very aware of brain tumors, much less pediatric brain tumors, I'm going to share some various facts with you throughout the month about pediatric brain tumors because that's what I know.  May does not discriminate, and you are welcome to learn more about adult brain tumors as well, but that information you'll have to find on our own.  I hope that you learn a little bit more about brain tumors this month.

Fact:
Medulloblastoma is the type of brain tumor that Jonah was diagnosed with.  It is the most common malignant pediatric brain tumor, with 400-500 new cases diagnosed a year.  About 18-20% of childhood brain tumors are medulloblastoma.


No comments:

Post a Comment