A little Mother's Day Tea at Noah's Ark was a great excuse for some cute pics with my favorite little ones.
It was this silly pack of 3 water bottles that set off my internal meltdown at Costo this week.
Distraction is a wonderful thing, and there have been a lot of distraction in our house these past few weeks. There are the normal distractions associated with end of year school stuff. There are the distractions associated with Noah's concussion and Julia's broken collarbone. There are distractions associated with some very exciting big living summer plans underway.
And then out of nowhere, something hits me and reminds me what I'm being distracted from. This week, I was at Costco - the giant in bulk supply - and there they were - a 3 pack of water bottles, and with that, I was almost a puddle. Why a 3 pack? Why not a 4 pack? I have 4 kids who need to drink, not 3. Is this some sort of sign from the universe preparing me that I will only need 3 waters bottles in the future? It's ridiculous, I know - but for a moment I was looking for a message in a 3 pack of Contigo water bottles at Costco. This is what cancer does.
A friend recently shared a verse with me that I feel like I've somehow never read before. It serves as a reminder that whether I indulge in distraction, of find myself derailed by the number of water bottles in a pack - it is reliance on a big God who is capable of miracles that will get me through. I hope that it offers similar encouragement to you as well.
"We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt we had received the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead."
2 Corinthians 8-9





Thank you for sharing that verse. It's filled with hope. I am praying for you, Stephanie.
ReplyDelete