We went to Country Boy Gold Mine as one of our first adventures. Let me tell you, I don't think any of the Goodalls are cut out to be hard rock miners! I didn't really like the cold, dark, wet mine tour, but I did like the donkeys that roamed around outside.
After the mine tour, while I was making friends with the mule, cousin Sierra was panning for gold. Although the weather may look lovely, it was pretty cold outside and it randomly snowed.
Another adventure was a tour of Old South Park. There were lots of old fashion buildings, but more importantly there was a train! We were able to get into the caboose and explore. Here is Anna checking out the train staff's bed in the caboose.
I don't think that stagecoach travel is for me.
Anna is checking out the old fashion desk in the 1-room schoolhouse. Grandma said that this was the kind of desk that she had back when she was in elementary school.
We made it onto a real train with the Georgetown Loop train. It was awesome! I really do love trains!
In preparation for my big horseback riding debut, we went to the stables a day in advance to get me comfortable. Here I am am feeding Maggie the Mule an apple.
My horseback riding debut! I was too little to ride solo, so daddy and I shared a ride and had a blast!
We just got back from an awesome week in Colorado with friends and family. We stayed at a condo in Breckenridge and had all sorts of adventures. Here are a few pictures to illustrate the fun that we had.
The landscape in the background of that last picture is magnificent. Glad y'all had a good trip!
ReplyDelete