Anna tried a turkey leg. It wasn't her favorite, but she thought it was funny!
This is Julia's favorite dress. The fuller the twirl the more she loves it - and she loves this dress!
Jonah and Anna with Great-Grandma. Jonah was happy to snuggle in Great-Grandma's lap and chat about things that only they understand.
This may not be the best composed picture, but this is what 4 generations look like. I wish we could have been a bit more positioned together, but we'll work on that for next time.
Granny & Jonah goofing around!!
Hanging around the hotel. Like I said, Julia was happy to love on Grandma and Anna's always happy to photobomb.
Hang out time.
Last year we had planned to spend Thanksgiving in Colorado with my family. My 94-year old Grandmother lives there and traveling is difficult for her. My mom is also in Colorado, and due to an Alzheimers diagnoses a few years ago, traveling is difficult for her too. It's also a good time to see my brother and his family and some friends who live in the area. Of course, when Jonah was diagnosed with cancer last summer, all of our plans changed. Instead of being a mile high, last Thanksgiving we found ourselves making the best of it at RIC - uncertain what the future held.
As we continue with making all the yeses we can, we knew that we would celebrate Thanksgiving in Colorado. It was our chance to take back a missing opportunity and make memories to last. With a combination for friends, family and fun - we did just that.
The hotel that we stayed at, happened to be right across the street from the Denver Children's Hospital. Every morning, as I opened the curtains, I was greeted by the sight of the hospital, and it was a sight that fanned my gratitude even brighter. I know what it is to spend Thanksgiving in a hospital, and I would look at the building knowing that it was filled with stories of families experiencing the unimaginable - uncertain what the future holds.
Today, we may still be uncertain what the future holds, but we are working hard on breathing in life. Breathing in the opportunities to be together, to love, to laugh, to try new things and visit new places, to make memories that will be shared with people we love. I'm so thankful that we were able to spend Thanksgiving in Colorado with family celebrating the things that matter.












No comments:
Post a Comment