Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Adventures with Gran

While Gran was with us we had a few adventures to help pass the time and to explore our new area. One day we went to a town called Long Grove and shopped around. The shopping part was a bit boring, but one of the stores had a sleigh that Noah & Anna really liked playing in. They had imaginary reindeer and everything.

Anna really liked being a passenger on the sleigh ride.

We also went to the Mortem Arboretum and took a class about owls. Here we were learning about owls. Noah was the student who sat inches away from the teacher, had answers for every question (even if he didn't actually have the answer) and added his own commentary; while Anna sat as far away from the teacher as possible and was only coaxed to the front by Noah. I of course was stuck in my stroller, so the type of student I was/will be is yet to be determined.

Owl learning outside. Noah was working his way to the #1 spot near the teacher and was able to get there once we started our nature walk. I again was stuck in the stroller.

In the children's section of the arboretum, there was a spider web to crawl along. I think that all the winter gear slowed Noah & Anna down, but it didn't stop them from trying their best.

Anna preferred to goof around on the ropes to actually trying to crawl over them

I remained stuck in the stroller, bundled up as much as Gran could get me. To be clear, it was a cold day so I appreciated her effort as I was just sitting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment